Job Requisition: 22727
Geographic Region: Southern Maryland
Facility: MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center
Schedule: Per Diem
Hours per Week: .01
Location: Clinton, MD
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to comprehend and follow the MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center Employee Handbook.
- Ability to comprehend and follow the policies and procedures for MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center.
- Ability to read, write and speak or communicate in English to successfully accomplish the essential duties of the position.
- Ability to demonstrate ethical behavior that supports the hospital’s mission, values and commitment to compliance with all federal, state and regulatory laws. Inspires trust and exhibits honesty and integrity within the scope of daily activities.
- Exhibits professionalism, courtesy and excellent customer service, while interacting with patients, guests and co- workers.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality, HIPAA Laws.
- Knowledge of brand and generic names of the most frequently prescribed medications.
- Ability to perform pharmaceutical calculations. Must understand the metric system of weights and measures.
- Knowledge of aseptic technique in the compounding of sterile products in laminar flow hoods.
- Knowledge of the general principles of USP 797 standards and their application in the maintenance of a sterile working environment.
- Knowledge of the various manipulations required for the compounding of sterile products. Must have familiarity with the materials used in the process such as needles, syringes, tubing, transfer devices, and containers.
- Knowledge of automation dispensing machines.
- Demonstrates ethical behavior that supports the Hospital’s mission and values and commitment to compliance with all federal, state and regulatory laws; inspires trust and exhibits honesty and integrity within the scope of daily activities.
- Adheres to departmental and hospital policies to assure compliance.
- Ability to work days or evenings and alternate weekends as required.
- Ability to understand the importance of providing for the daily needs of the patient and hospital in relation to the pharmacy department.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to utilize the following equipment: computers, Laminar flow hood, Automated dispensing machines.
- Ability to fulfill scheduling requirements to meet the needs of the patient.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree preferred
- One year minimum hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Maryland State Registered Pharmacy Technician
- National Certification through nationally accredited certification exam
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact: