Medical Technologist I
Job Requisition: 22860
Department: Clin Lab-Histocompability
Geographic Region: Washington, DC
Facility: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Evening Shift
Hours per Week: 40.00
Location: Washington, DC
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown’s centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown’s healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
Performs high complexity histocompatibility testing for transplantation, including molecular HLA typing, HLA antibody identification, and HLA crossmatch testing. Ensures that all quality control, quality assurance and equipment maintenance is documented and maintained according to standards. Provides exceptional customer service as needed. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- B.S. Degree required, preferably in Medical Laboratory Science or a related field.
- One year laboratory experience, preferred.
- ASCP, NCA or ABHI certification required.
- Eligible candidates will be accepted and expected to sit & pass certification exam within the first 12 months of employment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet expectations relative to the purpose of the position and perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill education, experience and/or ability required to perform this position successfully.
- Considerable and current knowledge of principles, methods and techniques of clinical laboratory science.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge with accuracy in the completion of complex tests.
- Problem solving capability with the ability to assess accuracy of results.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact: