Patient Precertification Assoc
Job Requisition: 23827
Department: Img Srvs-Support Srvs
Geographic Region: Washington, DC
Facility: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours per Week: 40.00
Location: Washington, DC
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest Washington, D.C. Founded in the Jesuit principle of cura personalis—caring for the whole person—MedStar Georgetown is committed to offering a variety of innovative diagnostic and treatment options within a trusting and compassionate environment.
MedStar Georgetown’s centers of excellence include neurosciences, transplant, cancer and gastroenterology. Along with Magnet® nurses, internationally recognized physicians, advanced research and cutting-edge technologies, MedStar Georgetown’s healthcare professionals have a reputation for medical excellence and leadership.
General Summary of Position:
The individual in this position provides assistance to patients in the department. The individual is responsible for coordinating all the functions and activities related to patient pre-certification/authorization including, but not limited to: accurate and complete patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems and on-site insurance verification. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's (GUH) philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Associate degree
- At least three years’ experience in a medical/clinical office preferred.
- Previous experience with computerized scheduling and registration systems.
- Working knowledge of IDX / GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Previous experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity Clinical or Aria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact: