Registered Nurse (RN) Homecare Clinician – Montgomery County
Job Requisition: 27440
Department: MedStar VNA
Geographic Region: Southern Maryland
Facility: MedStar Visiting Nurse Association
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day / Evening Shift with rotating weekend
Hours per Week: See Job Summary
Location: Calverton, MD
Make a Positive Difference
At MedStar Health VNA, nurses make a positive difference in people's lives by helping patients heal in the comfort of their own homes. Nurses develop an individualized care plan for each patient and then help patients and their caregivers achieve progress toward their goals for improved health and independence. As a home health nurse at MedStar Health VNA, you have the autonomy to make individualized patient-centered decisions to promote optimal clinical care. The MedStar VNA nurse provides, teaches, and demonstrates professional nursing activities in accordance with policies and procedures of the agency, and as defined by the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Maryland, District of Columbia or Virginia.
- EDUCATION: Graduation from a diploma, Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree program in Nursing; BSN preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 2 years acute care experience (ICU, CCU, med-surg, oncology, gerontology) within last 5 years; 1 year home health nursing experience preferred or successful completion of LPN to RN Competency Assessment.
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: Valid RN license in the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia, or any combination as required based on work location(s). CPR certification preferred.
- SKILLS: I.V. therapy skills. Organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and documents patients and families response to interventions. Evaluates measurable progress toward goals and revises plan of care. Identifies and modifies underlying factors that impede progress toward goals. Makes recommendations for update in plan of care, using knowledge of interventions and resources.
- Independently develops and documents individualized plan of care and includes patient and family in development and revision of plan and goal setting. Care plan includes specific care interventions with expected measurable patient outcomes. Establishes and documents teaching plan for patients/families.
- Independently identifies comprehensive learning needs of designated patients. Independently develops teaching plans that specify time frames. Bases teaching and counseling plan on patient's level of knowledge, diagnosis, prescribed treatment and available resources. Utilizes demonstration, verbal and written instruction in order to carry out care plan. Independently evaluates effectiveness of teaching plan in meeting patient/family goals. Revises as needed.
- Independently implements and documents plan of care for patients with routine to complex problems to facilitate continuity of care. Documented interventions are related to plan of care. Interventions reflect standard of care for patient condition/diagnosis. Interventions include utilizing agency and community resources. Performs nursing procedures consistent with home care protocols. Interventions reflect knowledge of standard home care supplies and equipment used in patient care.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact: