Strategist Manager, Talent Acquisition
Job Requisition: 5160
Department: Recruitment North
Geographic Region: Greater Baltimore
Facility: HH MedStar Health Inc.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Location: Baltimore, MD
Brings fresh new innovative ideas for process improvements as well as creative ways to engage with internal and external applicants. Accountable for supporting MedStar Health’s talent acquisition strategy related to talent identification, attraction, and acquisition for defined key operational job positions and job families. Strengthens current talent management strategies that have proven successful and creates new strategies where qualified applicants are lacking by working closely with hiring managers and recruiters to understand current and future talent needs. Partners with outside agencies, professional organizations, colleges/universities as well as internal marketing to optimize the MedStar brand and find opportunities to improve MedStar’s presence in the marketplace.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related field.
- EXPERIENCE: 5 years recruiting for hard-to-fill roles required. Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
- SKILLS: Demonstrated ability to manage projects in a collaborative and fast-paced environment; Attention to detail and analytical skills to translate talent metrics into strategies that positively impact operations; Expertise in the areas of recruitment, sourcing strategies, and workforce planning; Proactive and solutions-oriented; Responsive and service oriented; Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills; Ability to make recommendations and provide constructive feedback to leaders and executives based on impartial and analytical assessment; Must be self-motivated, collaborative, resilient and willing to continually drive process improvements; Demonstrated commitment to data integrity and attention to detail.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a central point of contact for recruitment projects across varied platforms, being aware of timelines and statuses and making sure events meet expectations from a brand and experience perspective.
- Builds a diverse cross-section of colleges/universities/community groups to create partnerships, training programs, clinical rotations, workforce plans and alumni programs to build pipelines for key positions that directly impact business operations.
- Acts as a project manager to orchestrate large-scale events, including project planning, engaging stakeholders, meeting critical milestones, indirectly managing project team members, and developing communication strategies.
- Centrally tracks event expenses, manages to a budget, and estimates the ROI of events.
- Conducts the intake of new event requests from the Talent Acquisition team, including meeting with stakeholders and/or assigning event support, as needed.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to company and department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulation.
- Develops and fosters relationships as a talent strategist in partnership with recruiters and key groups utilizing established service-level agreements (SLA); identifies business challenges, recommends, implements and measures innovative talent solutions.
- Fosters relationship with HR business partners, recruiters and hiring managers to develop talent acquisition plans for hard-to-fill positions which are closely aligned to the business strategy as well as proactively plan for anticipated vacancies.
- Leverages relationships with internal partners (e.g., communications, marketing, HR) and external partners (e.g., media planners, vendors) to assess the competition and implement measurable (key metrics) talent attraction strategies and programs.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate
- Partners with members of the HR team and hiring managers to provide education, awareness, and programs that promote higher levels of diversity and inclusion within the talent and applicant pool.
- Sources talent using a variety of creative solutions including Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search
- Engine Marketing (SEM), social media channels, job boards, journals, professional associations, networking, conferences, online groups and other talent communities.
- Utilizes analytics, data, and metrics to analyze different workforce trends and scenarios; performs gap analysis to reconcile the differences between the current and future state needs and develops a detailed action plan to accomplish proactive talent pools.
- Supports the Talent Acquisition Team by fostering relationships with HR business partners, recruiters and hiring managers to support talent acquisition plans for hard-to-fill positions which are closely aligned to the business strategy.
- Continually looks for opportunities to improve Talent Acquisition, create efficiencies and/or streamline processes.
*May be required to travel to various locations as needed. Reliable transportation may be required.
*Working at another site and/or other MedStar departments or programs may be required.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.