Job Requisition: 6783
Department: Img Srvs-MRI
Geographic Region: Southern Maryland
Facility: MedStar St Mary's Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift with rotating weekend
Hours per Week: 36.00
Location: Leonardtown, MD
About MedStar St. Mary's Hospital
Nestled in the waterside community of Leonardtown, Maryland, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital is a full-service hospital, delivering state-of-the-art emergency, acute inpatient and outpatient care. With innovative technology and a dedication to excellence, our staff is committed to providing you and your family quality medical care with a compassionate touch. Whether you receive medical care, utilize rehabilitative therapy or participate in a community screening, MedStar St. Mary's Hospital places a priority on delivering a positive healthcare experience.
General Summary of Position:
Conducts a variety of radiographic examinations for use by a physician in the diagnosis and treatment of patient conditions. Technical procedures are performed that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Both computer programmed and manual equipment is used during technique selection and imaging. Responsibility is assumed for designated areas or procedures as required. Operates radiological equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x-ray images as directed by physicians and performs routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices. Provides the utmost attention to the individual medical needs, dignity and comfort of all patients, and therein supports the objectives of the hospital. Requires ARRT Radiography registration and state licensure. The Multi-skilled Radiology Technologist Lead shall additionally provide leadership and guidance to the Radiology department associates and possesses and demonstrates appropriate knowledge and technique to provide appropriate clinical care to the specific patient population.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Satisfactorily completed formal training in an accredited School of Radiologic Technology. Active ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) Registry – status maintained by fulfilling continuing education requirements.
- Active Advanced ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) Registry, NMTCB (Nuclear Medicine Technologist or ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) – status maintained by fulfilling education/registry requirements in one or more of the following areas: MRI, CT, Mammography, Cardiac-Interventional, Vascular Interventional, Nuclear Medicine, Bone Densitometry, Quality Management, or Sonography. Note: Associates are only permitted to work within the scope of their registry(ies) or license(s).
- Must obtain certification the Maryland Board of Physician Quality Assurance. Active Maryland state licensure is required.
- Certification in basic CPR.
- Three years of relevant clinical experience in the registry post-primary pathway certification preferred.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.Follows departmental imaging standards by performing high quality imaging of the selected anatomic areas as requested by the ordering physician in a safe and effective manner, including properly labeling images, explaining the exam to patients and obtaining pertinent clinical information by the Radiologists, history and consent for procedure.
- Maintains and demonstrates thorough understanding and clinical competency for all exams and equipment of multiple modalities, to include preparing and administering contrast agents to patients as directed and authorized by the Radiologists.
- Follows departmental imaging standards by performing high quality imaging of the selected anatomic areas as requested by the ordering physician in a safe and effective manner, including properly labeling images, explaining the exam to patients and obtaining pertinent clinical information by the Radiologists, history and consent for procedure.
- Properly identifies patients with two patient identifiers. (Name & DOB) Maintains HIPPA compliance.
- Possesses and demonstrates adequate knowledge to provide Radiological services with technique appropriate to pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. In compliance with all radiation safety policies and procedures.
- Performs examination completion in RIS and PACS ensuring all images are processed, archived, and available to the Radiologist for interpretation and maintains department document standards within all electronic systems (RIS, PACS, EMR).
- Responsible for maintenance and care of departmental facilities in compliance with all hospital infection control policies. All treatment rooms/areas are cleaned and stocked.
- Performs routine duties in an independent manner with minimal direct supervision and knows when to refer problems to Lead or Director.
- Provides the utmost attention to the individual medical needs, dignity and comfort of all patients in support of the established mission and values.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact: