Supervisor Residency Program
Job Requisition: 9636
Geographic Region: Greater Baltimore
Facility: MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours per Week: 40.00
Location: Baltimore, MD
Directs, plans, organizes, coordinates and evaluates the administrative affairs of the Internal Medicine Residency Program. Functions as a
hospital liaison to other departments within the MedStar system as well as to outside agencies. Monitors compliance of the AC GME and C ME
Bachelor’s degree in related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
2 years progressively responsible experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a residency program.
Specialty Residency C ertification (if applicable).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred. Knowledge of various computer software applications.
Working knowledge of assigned department's practices and procedures. Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong
commitment to quality and customer service. Ability to exercise independent judgment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. C ontributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality
standards and safety standards. C omplies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
2. Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and
represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
4. Organizes year round activities within the department including orientation, graduation, retreats and holidays.
5. Organizes all on-boarding.
6. Provides accurate and up to date data for use in Medicare reporting to the GME office upon request. Maintains an accurate rotation schedule in
New Innovations for use in Medicare reporting.
7. Participates in all program accreditation activities.
8. Participates in the recruitment process by coordinating the selection process, develops the interview schedule, schedules the interviews and
staffs the selection committee meetings.
9. C oordinates brochure updates and website updates.
10. Supervises the administrative staff assisting with the residency program.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact: