Senior Marketing Specialist, Customer Experience
Job Requisition: 12309
Department: Plan/Mkt-Galleria Corp Mkt
Geographic Region: Greater Baltimore
Facility: MedStar Health Inc.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours per Week: 40.00
Location: Columbia, MD
Harnesses the power of the internet to shape perceptions, recruit fans, and drive conversations about MedStar Health within brand digital channels. Engage with patients, associates, and the community about their experiences with all MedStar Health-associated entities, acting as the first point of contact for that audience. Support other customer experience initiatives as required.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years of experience in marketing and communications/public relations. Experience in healthcare a plus. Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms is preferred.
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: No special certification, registration or license required.
- SKILLS: Excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills, along with a proven ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Must consistently demonstrate strong emotional intelligence and professionalism. Detail oriented. Demonstrated experience working in website management and social media management, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Glassdoor, blogs, and other social networking sites preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products. Experience with the Sprinklr social listening platform is a plus. Must have ability to set priorities, make decisions, and readily adjust to change. Works well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the monitoring of social profiles, review sites, and online discussions for MedStar Health and all its entities and subgroups identifying trends and opportunities for operational improvements.
- Collaborates with key departments (public relations, risk management, etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Responds to user questions, comments, reviews, requests, and concerns in an empathetic and timely fashion incorporating brand messaging as appropriate.
- Develops and executes Reputation Management Strategy and Centralization process. Although the position is primarily Monday through Friday daytime office hours, the nature of social media is that comments can come at any time. The Senior Specialist in partnership with the Marketing Manager, Customer Experience, will have responsibility for monitoring during non-business hours.
- Communicates with stakeholders proactively on arising issues, and coordinates with them to initiate service recovery actions.
- Develops and maintains a high-level understanding of latest trends in social media and reputation management best practices and tools, and makes recommendations consistent with best practices.
- Documents customer communication and service recovery activity, while managing communications proactively with MedStar entities on arising issues.
- Ensures that consistent messaging relevant to organizational goals is being executed across all MedStar social media properties.
- Implements and executes the social media component of MedStar’s crisis communication plan.
- Manages all external vendor relationships related to reputation management, Manages all query building, analytic reporting, and trend analysis, Manages budget configuration support.
- Assists with activities related to the development, implementation, and evaluation of brand customer experience initiatives.
- Mentors and provides training to communication and management professionals throughout the organization on best practices for monitoring and responding to user generated posts.
- Monitors MedStar Health, Hospital, and MedStar PromptCare social profiles and online review profiles, responding to questions, comments, reviews and concerns in a timely fashion.
- Monitors online discussions about MedStar Health and associated entities, facilitates timely responses to user comments and requests, tracks user sentiment, identifies influencers, engages with users in real time, finds brand advocates, and serves as a MedStar Health brand ambassador in all engagements.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate.
- Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares entity reputation score reports annually, quarterly and/or monthly based on entity frequency request, as well as status reports, when needed.
- Manages all aspects of MedStar’s online directory presence, including review management, technical support, and listing creation/updates.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact: