RN Homecare Clinician – Weekends
Job Requisition: 2588
Department: Home Care SN – MD-S
Geographic Region: Southern Maryland
Facility: MedStar Visiting Nurse Association
Schedule: Part Time
Hours per Week: 24.00
Location: Beltsville, MD
Make a Positive Difference
At MedStar Health VNA, nurses make a positive difference in people's lives by helping patients heal in the comfort of their own homes. Nurses develop an individualized care plan for each patient and then help patients and their caregivers achieve progress toward their goals for improved health and independence. As a home health nurse at MedStar Health VNA, you have the autonomy to make individualized patient-centered decisions to promote optimal clinical care.
- EDUCATION: Graduation from a diploma, Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree program in Nursing; BSN preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 2 years acute care experience (ICU, CCU, med-surg, oncology, gerontology) within last 5 years; 1 year home health nursing experience preferred.
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: Valid RN license in the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia, or any combination as required based on work location(s). CPR certification required.
- SKILLS: I.V. therapy skills. Organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred.
- Develops and documents individualized plan of care with specific care interventions and expected measurable patient outcomes.
- Evaluates progress toward goals and revises plan of care as needed.
- Establishes, documents, and implements personalized teaching plans for patients and their caregivers to help them achieve independence at home.
- Performs nursing procedures consistent with homecare protocols. Interventions reflect knowledge of standard homecare supplies and equipment used in patient care.
- Initiates and participates in regularly scheduled case conferences, which include all disciplines. Includes patient and family in mutual goal setting and care plan revision.
- Maintains necessary clinical records, collects data and prepares reports on activities.
- Communicates regularly with the patient's physician, home health care team, and other key members of the care team.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact: