Job Requisition: 13977
Department: Fin Srvs-Treasury
Geographic Region: Greater Baltimore
Facility: MedStar Health Inc.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day Shift
Hours per Week: 40.00
Location: Columbia, MD
- Manages the day-to-day administrative activities for portfolios totaling more than $3.0 billion. Serve as a liaison between Treasury and General Accounting. Work with the Assistant Vice President of Treasury to analyze asset allocation strategies and to select new investment managers. Monitors and analyze individual manager and aggregate portfolio performance. Develops relationships with all investment managers and service providers. Serve as a backup to the Corporate Cash Manager.
- EDUCATION: Bachelors degree from an accredited four-year program. Masters of Business Administration preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: 3 years experience, either in a corporate to tax-exempt investment management position, or similar experience in an asset management firm. Familiarity with Bloomberg and MS Office.
- LICENSE/CERT/REG: CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designation a plus.
- SKILLS: Demonstrated knowledge of the investment management function, including various asset classes such as hedge fund, private equity, fixed income, and equity investments, through education and hands-on experience. Ability to understand financial statements, investment accounting, and draft investment footnotes for annual audit. Excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external constituencies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a liaison to the accounting department to ensure accuracy in the allocation of assets and earnings to participants in the commingled corporate and pension investment pools. Analyzes monthly statements from the custodian and reconcile to manager statements to ensure accuracy. Coordinates the dissemination of information to accounting. Reconciles investment performance to the monthly financial statements.
- Maintains relationships with designated custodians and trustees to ensure the security and safety of investment assets, and develop accurate and timely valuation and transaction reports. Maintains a current file of all outstanding contracts and agreements with custodians and trustees. Uses periodic custodian reports to provide necessary information to management concerning portfolio activity, including weekly transactions, monthly holdings and weightings, monthly commission reports and monthly fees. Monitors securities lending and commission recapture relationships and report relevant activity, as needed.
- Assists in the planning of Investment Committee meetings. Develops or assists in developing all materials for the Committee meetings, ensuring that all material is timely and accurate. Assists in the development and mailing of meeting materials.
- Provides routine reports on investment valuation and performance. Prepares weekly summary of investment performance by manager and portfolio including asset allocation; utilize data to forecast weekly days cash on hand. Develops monthly investment performance report. Prepare quarterly investment performance and comparative analysis report including peer and market data. Reconciles investment accounts provided by managers with custodial reports.
- Develops investment income and interest expense budgets and forecasts. Develops detailed budgets of investments gains/losses, dividends, interest income and interest expense. Provides monthly and year-to-date analysis of budget versus actual including attribution analysis, and provide accounting with appropriate written materials for inclusion in financial reporting packages.
- Works with the Assistant Treasurer and Corporate Treasurer to manage all investment assets consistent with Board-approved Investment Policies.
- Works with the Corporate Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer to manage all assets in the corporate endowment, pension plans, and the organization’s offshore captive insurance company and assist in communications with the Investment Committee and Committee Chair. Develops and implement strategies to select investment managers. Provides information and reports concerning the overall management of investment assets, including peer group analysis, asset allocation and expense management. Negotiates contracts with investment managers and maintain current files of investment manager contracts. Assists in the ongoing communication and correspondence with all investment managers. Manages relationships with asset managers, to include quarterly performance review calls and meetings with each manager at least once per year. Reviews ongoing investment management invoices and expenses and provide a periodic reporting of expenses by manager and for the aggregate portfolio. Maintains current comparative data of manager performance.
- Monitors performance of investment managers retained under the Company’s 403(b) and 401(k) employee benefit programs and work with corporate Human Resources and outside vendors to implement manager changes.
- Initiate wire payments and generate cash management reports, as needed.
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Please feel free to contact: